#GivingTuesday is a global day of giving fueled by the power of social media and collaboration. Following Black Friday and Cyber Monday, #GivingTuesday captures the true holiday spirit—giving to those most in need. Feel like giving back to others this holiday season? Consider donating to Jill’s Legacy and the Bonnie J. Addario Lung Cancer Foundation.
Ways to give back this #GivingTuesday
Donate and Share on Social Media
- Make a One-time gift on our page by following this link.
- After donating, use the social media prompts to share your generous donation and encourage others to do the same
- Tell your friends to put something on their social media page.
Create a Fundraiser on Facebook for ALCF
- Go to our Facebook Page. Under the banner photo, click on the “…” button (Next to “Share”).
- A pull down window will pop up. Select “Create Fundraiser.”
- Follow the “Get Started” button.
- Fill in the amount you want to raise – We recommend setting a high, but reachable goal.
- Create a Title and Reason for your Fundraiser.
- Though prompts are already inserted, we encourage you to be creative or put something personal such as: “Working on Stopping Lung Cancer in Its Tracks”, “Anyone Can Get Lung Cancer,” “I Donate to Lung Cancer Because it Kills More People Than the Next Three Cancers Combined.”
- Don’t forget to use the #GivingTuesday hashtag (this will qualify your fundraiser for Facebook and other charitable matching programs).
Business Charity Matching
- Curious to see if your company runs a matching program?
- Find out here by entering your company name in the box at the bottom of the page.
- Run a Facebook fundraiser and get your company to match the donations according to their guidelines.