ALCF’s annual gala is always perfectly timed because not only does it occur during November, National Lung Cancer Awareness Month, but it happens during a traditional time of giving thanks and looking forward to the new year. More than 500 people, our largest crowd ever, gathered this year at the Fairmont Hotel in San Francisco. Many thanks to Novartis Oncology, our presenting sponsor, and to the many other companies and individuals who helped us to raise more than $900K and who are working with us to make lung cancer a chronically managed disease by 2023.
Always filled with celebration and hope, the gala’s “signature” moment came when Bonnie recognized the many patients and caregivers in the room living with lung cancer and the dedicated physicians, researchers and industry leaders doing outstanding, life-saving and life-changing work through excellence in collaboration, innovation, patient care and research.
- Excellence in Collaboration and Innovation Awards
~ Foundation Medicine, Mike Pellini, MD, President & CEO
~ LUNGMAP, David Gandara, MD, Roy Herbst, MD, PhD, Vali Papadimitrakopoulou, MD
- The Dr. Fred Marcus Simply the Best Award ~ Novartis
- Asclepios Award ~ Geoffrey Oxnard, MD
- A Breath Away from the Cure Award ~ Alice Shaw, MD, PhD
- The Unsung Hero Award ~ All lung cancer survivors
- Caregiver Award ~ Solomon Terry
- Our Generous Sponsors & Supporters