If you would like to find out more about what you can do to help out ALCF and our mission to beat lung cancer, click on the link below and fill out our Volunteer Interest Form. There are many ways to lend a hand: help raise awareness in the community, speak on behalf of the Foundation, work an event (check our Events page for one near you), provide direct support to patients, help out in our office, or even create your own fundraiser! We deeply appreciate all of the ways our amazing volunteers support us! Please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us at [email protected] for any volunteer-related questions you may have.
GOT 10 MINUTES?
- Get 10 friends to like our Facebook page
- Share an ALCF educational link and/or tweet about it @TheALCF
- Send an email to your local legislator, local news anchor or your favorite talk show host asking them to care, legislate, write and talk about the fact that ANYONE CAN GET LUNG CANCER – the Number 1 Cancer killer
- Ask your most frequented restaurant/store for a gift certificate donation for an ALCF event to auction for research
GOT 10 DAYS?
- All of the above, plus…
- Think of something you love to do… run, walk, jog, dance, cook, etc. Go to crowdrise.com, set up a challenge for yourself and ask your friends to support you, i.e. “I’m going to walk 20 miles this week when I usually only walk 5…”please donate to support lung cancer research.”
- Visit hospitals and lung cancer specialists in your community and ask them to make our ALCF lifesaving and informational brochures available in their waiting rooms. We’ll send you the materials. Getting one patient to tune in to the Lung Cancer Living Room® could save a life today. Imagine that!
- Consider hosting a dinner or poker party, a picnic or pancake breakfast or a wine tasting fundraiser with your friends. Play the most recent lung cancer video and explain the need for research.
- AWARENESS – Have one conversation per day for 10 days with 10 different people who don’t know the truth about lung cancer. The more people who learn the facts about lung cancer and develop compassion, the more we can begin to solve the injustice of this disease.
GOT 10 WEEKS?
- Complete the 10-minute, 10-day fundraising activities. Check! Check! Check!
- Form a team at one of our “Your Next Step is the Cure®” walk/runs in a city near you. Set a monetary goal to raise funding for your team and lung cancer research and contact everyone you know to reach your goal. We’ll make you personalized flyers to email, print out and distribute.
- VIRTUAL GARAGE SALE! Clean out your closet and your whole house for that matter and sell your books, CDs, DVDs, videos, clothes you’ll never wear again, jewelry, etc. on e-bay or amazon.com and donate the proceeds to sidebyside25.com. You’ll thank us for a clutter less closet/house and feel good about putting lifesaving patient handbooks into the hands of patients who need them. http://www.powells.com/ makes it super easy to sell your books!
- IT’S OLD-FASHIONED, BUT… write a heartfelt letter about your personal experience with lung cancer (yours or a friend or family member) and why there is such a need to turn it into a chronically managed disease and share the statistics.
- We’ll send you donation envelopes to include in your letter! Be sure to write your name on the donation envelopes… we will send thank you notes and acknowledgments to you and your donors.
- 10% CAMPAIGNS! Visit a local bar, restaurant or store near you or contact a friend/company selling a product or service. Request a LUNG CANCER AWARENESS DAY. Just one day where they donate 10% of their proceeds to ALCF/lung cancer research. Some will say “no!” – So brace yourself, but you’ll be surprised how many will agree and tell you they’ve lost a friend, mom, dad, grandparent, aunt, uncle, brother, sister, son or daughter. Awareness Day!